Live and work in Seoul - one of Asia's most dynamic cities! Profs Abroad interviews Mrs. Alim, Academic Manager at Seoul National University of Education SNUE (complete job details below).
- Starting date: mid-February 2014 (classes start February 24th)
- Location: The trainer may need to work at both our Seoul National University of Education and Gyeongin National University of Education locations.
- Salary: 2,800,000 won/month
- Housing: 500,000 won/month
Profs Abroad: Do you accept applicants with a BA or BS (4-year degree)? If yes, how many years minimum of experience should they have?
Alim: We prefer MA applicants, but accept BA as well. In that case, applicants must have education-related or linguistic major. Also, at least 4 years of teaching experience including minimum one year teacher training experience.
PA: What kind of instructor are you looking for (personality)?
A: We want responsible and thoughful instructor for students.
PA: What is the average age and teaching experience level of the students?
A: Our students are mostly aspiring and in-service English teachers. Students take writing and speaking test interview for registering this course. It is adult course.
PA: Does the TESOL program have a set curriculum/textbooks or does the instructor have to design the class?
A: We have a set curriculum and textbooks, but there is flexibility for trainer to fix it or add some new class lesson.
About the School
- SNUE info on Wikipedia.
- SNUE Takes Lead in Quest for Multicultural SocietyJob Details (Korea Times, 2009)
Job Title: TESOL trainer
The SNUE(GINUE)-Griffith University TESOL Program is a non-credit course that offers training for aspiring and in-service English teachers. The program offers two 20-week programs each semester: a 200-hour General TESOL certificate course and a 120-hour Young Learner (YL) TESOL certificate course.
- Students: aspiring and in-service TESOL teachers
- Holiday: 30 working days of paid holiday a year
- Workload: Approximately 18 hours for teaching and practicum observation plus other services as required by employer
- Health Insurance and National Pension Scheme: 50% paid
- Severance: One month's salary after completion of contract
- Airfare: provided only to applicants outside of Korea
1. Master's degree preferred (in an education-related field
2. TESOL qualification (one that has a teaching practicum)
3. Several years of English teaching experience at a variety of levels
(from young learner to adult) and in a variety of areas (general
English, Business English, test preparation, etc.)
4. Teacher training experience (minimum one year)
How to apply:
All applicants must submit copies of the following documents via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Cover letter
3. Copy of diplomas and transcripts
4. Two letters of recommendation with contact info
5. Career Certificate
6. TESOL qualifications (if applicable)
Applications will be accepted until available positions are filled.
[Posted Jan. 7, 2014]